The question should be, Why NOT join?
Pay your membership dues with PayPal.
Annual membership in the San Diego Rose Society starts at as little as $15. That small investment will mean more abundant blooms that are bigger and better than ever. We promise! Here’s what you get for your membership:
Award-Winning Monthly Newsletter!
The American Rose Society has long recognized Rose Ramblings as one of the best local society bulletin in the United States. It comes to you every month (except July) and provides 12+ pages full of the best rose-growing advice available for San Diego. Articles include the ABCs (“About Basic Care”), Q&A from “Consulting Rosarians” (experts certified by the ARS), news coverage of such events as the Annual Rose & Arrangement Show and our exhibits at the San Diego County Fair and the SDRS Calendar of Events.
SDRS Web site!
Everything you see on this site, PLUS a month-by-month calendar of rose care including planting, pruning, pest control, feeding, and watering.
FREE 4-month trial membership in the American Rose Society!
All new members who are not yet members of the American Rose Society (ARS) will receive a FREE 4-month trial membership in the ARS, including:
– two bi-monthly issues of the beautiful American Rose magazine,
– a member ID card with an expiration date four months from the date of joining,
– access to the Member Benefit Partners’, who offer discounts exclusive to ARS members and
– free or reduced access to over 200 botanical gardens through the reciprocal Garden Program.
Should they decide to renew their membership following their free 4-month trial, they will receive the annual Handbook for Selecting Roses.
Four-Month Trial Members receive:
• 2 issues of American Rose magazine, $16 value. The only magazine devoted exclusively to roses and rose culture, these bi-monthly, full color, 84-page issues feature informative articles and beautiful color photography for beginners and experienced rose growers alike. View a free issue online at www.ars.org.
• Free online access to four quarterly bulletins, a $45 value. Previously available by subscription only, the Mini/Mini-Flora Bulletin, Old Garden Rose & Shrub Gazette, Rose Arrangers’ Bulletin, and Rose Exhibitors’ Forum are all now available online, www.ars.org, for free to all ARS members, with the members’ password. The members’ password is listed on page 5 of each issue of American Rose Magazine.
• Free or reduced garden admissions, a $25 value after just 3 uses. With the Reciprocal Garden Admission program, your ARS membership card is your ticket to free or reduced admission to over 200 Botanical gardens, conservatories, and arboreta nationwide.
• Discounts of up to 30% at merchant partners. The ARS Member Benefit Partner Program offers discounts at 14 merchants with new partners being added continuously.
• Free advice from Consulting Rosarians. The ARS Consulting Rosarians program connects members with expert rosarians that provide free assistance with your rose questions.
• A four-month trial membership is valued at $86 for only $5!
• The continuation of the FREE 4-Month Trial Member program to all NEW non-ARS members of affiliated or charter local societies
• The extension of the 4-Month Trial Member Program to all non ARS members of all Societies, for a fee of $5.00.
• The extension of the $5.00 4-Month Trial Membership to any non-ARS member attending a rose or garden event.
• The extension of the 4-MonthTrial Member Program to all non ARS members not belonging to a society and not joining at a rose or garden event, for a fee of $10.00.
Monthly Meetings with Rose Experts & Rose Lovers!
We meet every month (except July and August) in Balboa Park to hear the latest news and tips from rose experts who know our climate and roses. We often hold “Mini-Rose Shows” where you can see roses grown by other members as well as rose arrangements that may give you a few ideas for your home. Who knows, you may win a rose you’ll love for years in one of our monthly raffles!
For any issues, contact the Membership Chairman: firstname.lastname@example.org